menu up

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I drive abroad with cambio?

You can drive to the following countries without any further requirements: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and the Vatican.

Special information on Poland and Spain:

Since October 10th 2007, the Polish Road Traffic Act requires that drivers with vehicles which are registered abroad and are travelling in Poland are duty bound to carry written authorisation of the vehicle's owner, issued in the driver's name insofar as the owner is not the person actually driving the vehicle. .

In Spain, similar rules apply. (Furthermore, the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands are not covered by our insurance at all.)

Please get in touch with your local cambio office in good time if you need to apply for permission for Poland or Spain.

(Information valid as of 1st of July 2008, subject to alteration).

to the normal version