Getting on the road smoothly with our e-cargo bike
Avoid traffic. Stop wasting time looking for a parking spot – save a cargo’s worth of time with our e-cargo bike.
Ready for an ecological and practical mobility solution?
The ‘e-cargo bike’ project has been launched!
- 2 stations have been opened with three electric cargo bikes each. Miroir (in Jette) and Colruyt Gray (in Etterbeek). Soon two more pickup locations will be added.
- The cargo bikes are available for all cambio members and can be reserved using the cambioApp.
- Cost: 3,5€/hour incl VAT.
- You can only ride the cargo bikes in the Brussels territory.
- The cargo bikes can be used from 07.00 until 23.00h
Info: During this startup phase, it’s not possible to pick up the cargo bike using a MOBIB-card. Always use the cambioApp.
Our e-cargo bike stations
Getting started with an electric cargo bike
Collecting the keys
- Go to the safe at the station
- Open the safe using the cambioApp (doesn’t work with a Mobib-card)
- Take the key at the green light
- On the keychain there is a key for the bike lock and a touch key to open the bike room
Picking up the bike
- The cargo bikes are in a locked room. The room can be opened using a touch key, that you just retrieved from the safe.
- The number of the cargo bike matches the number on the keychain.
- Check the condition of the bike before departing.
- Make sure there are 2 batteries present.
- Detach the charging cable.
- Unlock the bike's wheel lock using the key you have just retrieved from the safe. Remove the anti-theft chain from the bike connected to the wheel lock.
Don’t forget to bring your bike helmet (and your passenger's).
Don’t forget to:
- Connect the cargo bike with the charging cable
- Reattach the bike's anti-theft chain connected to the wheel lock
- Close the wheel lock
- Lock the room behind you
- Return the keys to the safe
- Close the safe
Good to know
Feel completely at ease with the E-cargo bike
Avoid traffic and improve the air quality in Brussels
Urban Arrow, supplier of the cargo bike in Brussels
The Urban Arrow Family combines a carrying capacity of up to 125kg and the flexibility of an electric bicycle. Bring your children to school or transport goods without wasting time in traffic. Extra benefit: no more parking stress!
Cairgo Bike: a European project
Cambio participates in the European project Cairgo Bike. The project was selected by ‘innovative city actions’, is being coordinated by Brussels Mobility and is spread over 3 years. The goal is to make the electric cargo bike into a worthy alternative for a car and so improving the air quality in the city.